November 2015 Print

Letter to the Editor

Dear Friends,

On the end life issues, there often arises the question of how to get the health care issued properly. In our will, should we simply use the Living Will form as given by the SSPX in the past?


Signed: Mike Banschbach


Dear Mike,

Thank you for your concern on a question which is becoming increasingly muddled today. As given in July 2001 by Fr. Scott when he was in office, it seems quite reasonable to hold on to it. This is what he said substantially: Practice has shown that signing a Living Will form may be easily misinterpreted. The most secure way, in fact, is to make a Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care. In this way, the physicians have to have recourse to you or, in case of incapacity, to the person you designate with such power.